A crochet magic circle is a neat way to work in the round, unlike the regular chain loop which leaves a hole in the center, the magic way works by using the loop to close the center hole.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission (at no extra expense to you)
If you prefer to see a Facebook pictorial video for this stitch pattern, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
I have put pictures below on how to make the crochet magic circle in 11 easy stages, it makes a nice tight center when working in a round for doilies, table centers, coaster etc. the list is endless for what you can use this method for.
Crochet Magic Circle Pictorial
USA or UK
dc/tr. Double Crochet, (Treble Crochet UK)
sl st. Slip Stitch
WS. Wrong Side
1) Make a loop leaving loose end to the left.
2) Place working strand under loop.3) Pick up the strand under the loop with your hook.
4) Begin your chains for your preferred stitch.5) ch3 (make 3ch UK).
6) Work st evenly around circle, I have used dc (tr UK) but you can use any stitch.7) When you have worked the stitches needed for your pattern, pull loose thread to close.
8) Circle when closed.9) sl st to first st to join.
10) Finished magic circle.11) On WS of work thread loose yarn around center hole and trim off.There are a few names for the same technique, I have called it the crochet magic circle but it is also known as the magic ring or magic loop, whatever you want to call it I love the finished look of this method.
I have included it in many of my patterns, so you can get plenty of practice lol.
Make sure you pin this post so you can find it when you need it.
Facebook Pictorial Video
Click on the play button below. And if you like after watching it please like my facebook page.
* * * *
Google Web Story:- Magic Circle Pictorial
I will be back soon with more pictorials.
The written instructions and pictures for this free crochet magic circle pictorial are copyrighted to crochet ‘n’ create © 2017. You are welcome to sell any finished products made from this free crochet magic circle pictorial, I just ask that you please use your own pictures and put a link back to crochet ‘n’ create.
If you wish to tell your friends and followers about this crochet magic circle pictorial, please only use a direct link to the page on crochet ‘n’ create. DO NOT share any of the pictures or written instructions in this post.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To PRINT the pattern only, highlight by clicking at the start of the pattern, hold the mouse down, scroll down and release at the end of the pattern.
Go to FILE, PRINT, (usually top left of browser) when your printer box appears choose selection in the page range.
The easiest way is to copy your selection and paste into a text program (ie, word, notepad etc) it may need tiding up, then print.
The print button BELOW will print all of the web page incl adverts etc.